Benefits of Membership
The International Bunker Industry Association is an association which represents, supports and forwards the interests of every part of the bunker industry. We do not represent just one part and speak on behalf of the industry as a whole. This positions us as THE voice of the industry, who represent members in 66 countries.
Benefits of membership
Joining IBIA brings with it he chance to attend fantastic networking events. As a member you have access to all our member directory and member area and you also have opportunities to meet with them at our two annual events.
The IBIA Annual Dinner - This attracts over 900 people every year and is held at the Grosvenor House a JW Marriott Hotel, London in February.
The IBIA Annual Convention - This attracts 150-200 delegates every year and is held around the world, changing location annually.
As a member you will receive special discounted rates for these events.
IBIA has consultative status as a Non-Government Organization at the International Maritime Organization, and represents its members at important and crucial legislative and industry changing debates. IBIA also attends and represents its members at the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) and the Bulk Liquids and Gases (BLG sub-committee). As a member you are able to ensure that your voice is heard at these forums.
Subscription to our official magazine - World Bunkering
This popular quartely magazine is designed to update our members on developments within IBIA, record the progress of our projects, and look at all topics relevant to the bunker industry in general. Our members also receive substantial discounts on advertising in the magazine and the opportunity to contribute articles and opinions.
- Basic Bunkering Courses and Advanced Bunker Courses are held regularly around the world. Other courses central to our Singapore Branch can also be attended by IBIA Members.
- *IBIA printed Membership List - (online search version available in the Member area of the website)
- *Glossary of Bunker and Lubricating Oil Terminology
- *World Bunkering - official magazine of the International Bunker Industry Association
- *Ship's Safety Cards for Vessels' Crews
- *IBIA Annual Report
- *BIMCO & IBIA Bunkering Guide
- *IBIA IN-LINE Blending Guide
- Guide to Bunker Fuel Sampling Equipment
- Guide to Avoiding and Resolving Bunker Disputes
- Evaluate the Merits of a Bunker Claim
- Guide to Good Commercial Practice
That means with your membership you will receive 7 hard back copies of 7 publications as well as access to 4 other working documents, all as part of your membership. Non-Members have to purchase these documents online.
* These publications will be sent to you as part of your Membership Pack. All other publications will be available for you to download via the secured Member area.
- Corporate members may display the IBIA logo on their stationary etc. A free printing bromide is supplied. Corporate members may reserve corporate tables at the IBIA Annual Dinner.
To Join IBIA today, please click here to download our Registration Form.